Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Do you believe in ghosts?

Recently I met someone who says he can see ghosts. That apparently they are everywhere.The thought of this was bewildering to me because I never really believed in these types of things before. Hearing it first hand from someone truly made me believe though. Why lie about such a thing? 


This caused me to further question what actually happens to us when we die. It is such a strange thought, because no one can ever truly know the answer to this question. It's about your personal beliefs.I've always had trouble believing in things that have no facts to back them up, such as religion, because in my eyes seeing truly is believing. But lately I've come to the conclusion that maybe it is important to just have faith and believe in something just because. It is a whole lot more settling thinking that someone goes on to another life, rather than their souls vanishing the moment their human body's heart stops beating. 


Now this friend of mine says he sees ghosts, just wandering around. At first this really bothered me because I wouldn't want a loved one of mine to be stuck in this world, with no purpose, wandering. And if in fact he was simply there for a purpose, how would he fulfill this purpose? Now finally I confronted my friend about this question and he said a lot of ghosts are simply manifestations of their energy. This was slightly more comforting to hear. Of course this is a touchy subject and one that is a matter of a person's personal opinion but to me it has always been interesting to think about.

1 comment:

  1. I’m totally open to the idea of ghosts, why not? Also, after seeing Ancient Aliens (everyone should watch!!), I am open to the idea of aliens too. Maybe I’m being a little too open-minded?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Aliens

    ReplyDelete