Thanksgiving
I would have to say, Christmas is definitely my favorite holiday.. but Thanksgiving comes right up after it. In my family, every year is different. In the past, my dad would always cook the turkey and I would help with everything else. This is probably why it is one of my favorite holidays, being as it was a chance to spend more quality time with the people I love most, my family. I love the feeling of working hard all day and having it pay off when you're sitting around a table catching up with family. In my family, I'm the crazy person though, especially in recent years. I make sure everyone wears Thanksgiving colors (i.e. orange, brown, red, or yellow) and that we listen to Christmas music while cooking (probably weird to everyone else but I looooove it). This year is going to be extra fun because I had my cousin to share in all the craziness with me. She assigned everyone roles in what to cook and made sure that it was mainly all from scratch. My job is to cook the desserts but somehow today it was expanded to mashed potatoes and salad as well. This should be fun considering I'm not a very good cook... At least my favorite dish won't be made by me, which is stuffing of course! Oh, and all the deserts associated with Thanksgiving are just added bonuses.
So, my sister and I signed up for a Thanksgiving Day Trot for Hunger.. but somehow convinced ourselves that it wasn't necessary to actually attend because we already gave money. Woops. Maybe next year I'll have the courage to actually run a 5K race!
On another note, I really am very thankful for tomorrow. I love everything about thanksgiving. The feeling of being with people who you know will always be there for you, and able to enjoy food that many are unable to. I'm also thankful for all my wonderful friends that I was able to see again since they're back from college and the ones that live here. And hopefully tomorrow, or I guess since it's so late, today will be as much fun as I've hyped it up to be!
... and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
PS. Fun Fact:
The average person consumes 4,500 calories on Thanksgiving Day.
Sorry to make you feel bad about what're you're eating, but it's important to be aware!
(I'm in a healthy eating phase right now fyi)
No comments:
Post a Comment