Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Public Relations

So my most focused upon interest lately is Public Relations.
I recently attended a PRSSA meeting at my school,
and it got me really excited for the upcoming year!
We are planning on achieving a lot, including:
-Taking up one client
-Learning new PR skills
(such as writing press releases)
-Expanding the organization;
as of right now it is pretty small
but this just means i have more of an opportunity
to do something big with it :)
-And anything else that I suggest! (if possible)


My major is Communications with an emphasis in Public Relations
so this club has me pretty excited for the possibilitiesss!
Also, last week I had an AMA Meeting (Marketing)
and someone from MAC Cosmetics came to speak with us about his career.
That is when I came to the conclusion that I'd like to do Public Relations
for a firm relating to a business in the fashion industry.
After college I can move to NYC because it's the best place for this type of thing and plus I have family that lives there and they love it.


Oh, and apparently P.R. gets a bad reputation from what I've seen/heard.
Not sure how I feel about this...


No comments:

Post a Comment